Choo Choo Chicken @ Greentown, Ipoh

4:18 PM Felicia Grace 1 Comments


After a longgggggg wait, we finally get to try this latest hype up place in Ipoh.
Wanted to go for a long time but it's always pack full of people.

Inside, all pack as usual.
My poor friend, Angie, had to wait for 45 minutes to just get a table for us.
We were on the way so yea.

Inside its modern meet bricks hah.
It was really noisy.
Felt like I didn't leave the classroom at all.

So if any of you would like to go, please go as early as possible.
Before 7pm to just get a table.



Menu!!!!
They have 6 flavours and they are crispy (no flavour), Soy, Sweet Soy, Sweet, Spicy, and Garlic.

     
I think price wise, it's still not so bad.
Still affordable for Korean Fried Chicken.







Barley Tea (Refillable) - RM 1.90
The usual, but this one doesn't taste that bitter.
Think it was sort of watery.

Green Tea - RM 3.00
This had no taste of green tea whatsoever.
Don't know what kind green tea pack they serve.

Kimchi Ramen - RM 13.90
The ramen tasted delicious but not so much on the soup.
The tofu was nasty though.
They came with a side of 4 pieces of chicken which the flavour you can choose.
I choose Sweet and it tasted quite alright.

Choo Choo Wraps - RM 9.90
The chicken fillet in the wrap can be also chosen with 1 of the 6 different flavours, and it also comes with a side of wedges.

Spicy Ramen - RM 13.90
This is the Samyang Noodle alright.
For me, I can't take it because my tolerance on spicy food is near to zero.
Okay not that bad la, I'm still working on my spicy palette.
But for those who LOVES spicy food, try this ramen instead.

If you think this is Sup Sup Water, then please do try the Samyang Noodle Spicy x2!
My friend Angie tried and oh boy. Just watch till the end alright.



Still wanna try? Up for the game?

     
Rose Chicken - RM 41.90
This is so expensive honestly.
It comes with 12 pieces of crispy chicken and in the middle, a round shaped bread with cheese cream sauce in the middle.
Looks like macam yes kan?

This is the face we made after trying out the chicken with the cheese cream sauce.
It tasted, weird.
Apparently, the staff told us it was mushroom and cheese, we did not taste any mushroom in it alright.
We thought well, cheese, should be milky, stringy and delicious.
But this was just, watery, bland, and it was just weird.
NOT WORTH IT.
Don't be con by the pictures in the menu. Lol.

An Overview.

Korean Fried Chicken has been a big hype in Malaysia, whichever state it is.
Choo Choo has its big name in KL but hmm, not what I expected.
I expected with more Wow, more Kick, but the food just spell boring on it.

Was it worth to queue up 45 minutes long?
Definitely NOT.
Food was slow, queue was too long, too noisy, I can just go on and on and on.
Chicken was not up to my expectation and its just wasn't good for me.

Visited on 2/11/2017
A table of 5.
Total spending of RM 94.75, including GST but no service charge.
Rating: 1.5/5.0

Address: 15, Persiaran Greentown 8, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 30450 Ipoh, Perak.
Opening Hours:
Monday - Sunday
11.30am - 4.00pm
6.00pm - 11.30pm

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Love choo choo chicken !! Meals are tasty n huge potion with reasonable cost. I have tried most of their food and I can assure you that they are all delicious!

    ReplyDelete