29 Cafe @ Greentown, Ipoh

9:30 AM Felicia Grace 7 Comments


Hello Hello. So even though I do not agree about Ipoh cafes, I always give it another shot.
Let's see how this one does alright?

It was a sunny afternoon indeed and I scroll on my facebook and google to find cafes to dine in for late lunch.

So upon stepping in, it gives a sunny vibe.
Not bad.


     

But when we sat down, I could not understand the huge contrast of colours on the wall.

Like I don't get it why make a cement colour wall.
I can understand if the whole place is orange it would be weird but still, there are other colours to choose from than this.

But I like this feature wall.

     
Took the whole MENU for you guys! 
Quite a lot to choose from their menu.

     

     

     

Honey Lemon (Hot) - RM 8.00
More honey than lemon but it taste alright.
It's just a bit sweeter than usual.

Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Rice - RM 16.00
This I like.
I couldn't stop eating the salted egg yolk of the chicken.
My husband and I agreed on sharing our plates but when I ate it, I instantly regret that I had to give him half of mine. 

Chicken Chop (Grill) - RM 18.00
Honestly, it looks pathetic. 
It's small, the fries were all inconsistent sizes and the one small slice of eggplant, I don't know for what and it wasn't cook through.
We had mushroom sauce and it was salty.
So this plate is a no-no for us. 

An Overview.

Overall, hmm, I just like the salted egg yolk chicken. 
But the rest of the chinese menu like creamy butter and lemongrass chicken rice, is also the same price that is RM 16.00, it just too crazy. Might as well go restaurant and eat for only Rm 5.50. 
Overprice, definitely.
It doesn't make me feel like I'm paying for the ambiance either.
So hmmm, still disappointed in Ipoh cafes. 
Hopefully will find a good one that meets my expectation.

Visited on 31/1/2018
A table of 2.
Total spending of RM 42.00, no GST and service charge.
Rating: 1.8/5.0

Address: 22, Persiaran Greentown 2, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 30450 Ipoh, Perak.
Telephone: 05 - 246 1112
Opening Hours:
10.30am - 10.00pm daily

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

  1. the cafe environment looks so cosy and comfy..

    The food looks delicious and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just too many new cafes in Ipoh to keep tab on. Too bad this didn't meet your expectation. This is the reason why I sometimes prefer to go to old name shopes for proven meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Em. I will always go back to the good old restaurants for that homey flavour but I do savour new cafes once in a while. Thanks for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like restaurants that serves all-day breakfast. I'm a huge fan of it and i dont care what others think. I enjoyed every bite and yes even pairing it with wine. Congrats for 29 Cafe for its opening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this place is so clean and tidy. i love dine in such a clean and tidy place and the food seems yummy yummy. wanna try this when im visiting ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really worth to visit har! But the salted egg chicken does lools yummy and appetizing!

    ReplyDelete