Thumbs Cafe @ Greentown, Ipoh

5:09 PM Felicia Grace 11 Comments


So this cafe has been on my mind everytime I pass by, but since I live in Bercham area, it's always difficult or too far for me to go out just for dinner all the way to town.

     
Inside the cafe, it flooded with our parents or grandparents' memories around.


They even appeared on numerous newspaper.



     
I could say they are heavily decorated with items we don't really see around anymore. So it's good to see that brings back fond memories.



     

The nonalcoholic bar that makes your drinks.

Counter where you pay.

     
MENU!!!
It's pretty simple.
It's either western or local food.

Honeydew Juice - RM 3.70
So most of their juices are fresh. 
I got to say this honeydew juice is really good!
It's fresh and they didn't put too much sugar in it.

Ambra Asam - RM 4.50
Refreshing.
Not diluted so definitely can give it a go.

Spaghetti Carbonara - RM 8.50 
Was a bit disappointed with this because it was tasteless.
No seasoning and the sauce was diluted and it wasn't enough for the pasta.
So don't order this.

Cheesy Wedges - RM 7.00 
Not as good as KFC because it was a bit oily.
But its okay la, the portion is quite big also.

Lamb Chop - RM 14.80 
Lamb chop was pretty good, but the brown sauce was a bit spicy.
First time I had brown sauce that taste a bit spicy haha.
Lamb was cooked alright. Not too expensive either.

An Overview.

Heard their porridge is quite good and so are some of their local food.
It's pretty budget friendly to have nice meal out.
Atmosphere is quite nice.
Very spacious outside and cooling too.
It's good to give it a try at this cafe.

Visited on 5/1/2018
A table of 2.
Total spending of RM 38.50, including GST and no service charge.
Rating: 2.8/5.0

Address: 133, Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil, 30000 Ipoh, Perak.
Telephone: 019 - 614 6618
Opening Hours: 
Wednesday - Monday
6.00pm - 1.00am
Closed on Tuesdays

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

  1. Have been there last year my my in laws. Love the concept of the shop and the food not bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome place , next time maybe boleh singgah sini .. ipoh dekat je

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ipoh has a lot of nice cafes...Everytime I visit Ipoh I'm sure to check one out... This is next on my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like old cafe and nice place for relex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never dine there before. Lamb chop looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the vintage look of this cafe. and that lamb chop looks really delicious and juicy. yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place is too cozy i like it! What a so appreciative of them to frame thosr newspaper articles of them, they do appreciate the writers' input.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. I am obsessed with the vintage interior! Of course the food look delicious too! Will make a visit during my next ipoh road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really feel like trying out the honeydew juice coz it's something rare. Ipoh here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always heard about those and never been there yet. I really wanna plan to go there while meeting my friend in Ipoh

    Racheal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember dining at Thumbs during Ramadan last year. There were hits and misses. Probably because of the crowd. I want to give them another try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete