Macallum Connoisseurs @ George Town, Penang

7:58 PM Felicia Grace 9 Comments


So on my third cafe in Penang, came upon this on Christmas day. Honestly, the biggest cafe I have ever been to. It's huge!

 So this place is about 8,000 square feet thats really big enough to actually have big events here.
And it's all in one place, the cafe, an academy, restaurant, brewing process, etc.

So when you walk in, the counter will be just right in front of you.
And look at the pictures below, that is how spacious the place is.





     
So the place is so big that they have certain markets from time to time.
And I was lucky enough to see one of these.

Right corner of the counter.



     



Everything looks so pretty, I KENOT.
Spent too much at Boracay and left me broke the rest of the December month.

I really like this section that they have.
You can also purchase them.

     

They of course, do also sell cakes!

Alright. Here is the Macallum's Breakfast MENU!!!
I wanted to try their lunch and dinner menu also but well, stomach can only fill in so much.








     

Iced Mocha - RM 14.00
Enough chocolate and espresso in it.
It was a hot day so ice blended it is!

Macallum Matcha Pancake - RM 18
Spread with matcha buttercream, topped with azuki bean paste, homemade cinnamon biscuit crumbles, and red velvet crumbs, served with matcha buttercream and azuki bean on the side.
I honestly am not a big fan of green tea, but it was either this or caramel and I think I had enough of sweet stuff and went for this.
Surprisingly, it doesn't have that green tea bitter taste and the crumbs were delicious! We really lick the plate clean. 

Connoisseur's Breakfast - RM 27.00
Pork sausage, guacamole spread, portobellos, pork bacon, poached eggs, tomatoes, Macallum's house bread and salad.
The pork sausage was super filing and the portobellos were delicious!
I love everything on the plate. Seasoning done right.

 Potato and Egg with Bacon (Pork) - RM 18
Baked croissant with Macallum house spread topped with frisée, pork/chicken/beef/turkey bacon, and sunny side up eggs, served with truss tomatoes and grilled potatoes on the side.
MMM... Croissant is one of my favourites and my husband and I were sort of snatching the plate over it. Tomatoes were really fresh!

 An Overview.

Overall, it's a very cozy place to have brunch indeed. 
The huge windows that shines in the natural sunlight makes the whole atmosphere very warm. 
Everything is great here, the music, the food, the drinks.
It's one of the definite place to go to.

Visited on 25/12/2017
A table of 2.
A total spending of RM 79.00, GST included but no service charge.
Rating: 4.8/5.0

Address: 1, Gat Lebuh Macallum, George Town, 10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang.
Telephone: 04 - 261 3597
Opening Hours:
Monday - Sunday
9.00am - 12.00am

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a great place to eat and shop! To do list in Penang next visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cafe with industrial space concept. The food looks really delicious as well. I also enjoy markets and bazaars such as this one and also find it difficult to resist shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet, the next time i'm back to penang i must try this place out. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place look awesome. I love the simple ambience. Items on sale also look quite a selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost a year I didnt go back Penang and it so many things to check out there. Really thanks for your sharing

    Racheal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems this is another place that I could peacefully enjoy my cup of coffee while reading a good book. Foods looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so big breakfst feel!
    time to bookmarked it for my next penang trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks like a fancy place to enjoy a cup of tea. This would definitely be on my bucket list when i visit penang

    ReplyDelete