Zakka Loft @ Medan Ipoh Bestari, Ipoh

9:05 AM Felicia Grace 0 Comments

It was raining cats and dogs and we wanted to find a place to chill after scouting houses like mad in Ipoh.
One particular cafe came to mind, was wondering why not?

This has got to be one of the most colourful cafes I've ever been into.
Well, definitely instagram worthy in every part of it.


The front door that holds a bold statement.


What's cool and different from other cafes inside is that this cafe gives out certain tutorials events that they hold time to time.
Like what you're looking at is how to sketch using charcoal.

Inside, it's very big and spacious and lots of chairs and tables to sit at.
You would find every corner seems comfortable and you don't know which place to sit at!


#DoYouHaveADream

It's so cool that they hang a booklet for customers to see how to make handmade stuff.
and they have a lot going on in there.

They also sell a lot of handmade products in there, bags, keychains and many stuff you can find.

When I saw the ice cream corner, I was like No-Way.
and they have like a bunch of different flavours!


Won't you just look at that!

Everything looks very artistic in there, and mostly they handmade many things themselves.
and it's for sale too!

This looks like a princess corner.



They even have a platform for people who could show off their creativity.
So show your creativity every Friday at 7.30pm - 8.30pm.

Just look at those glorious cakes!

Alas. It's MENU time!!!

Looks delicious from the menu isn't it?

Steamed Meatloaf Bento - RM 12.50
Hmm well, there's a lot going on with the bento.
You've got rice, meatloaf, salad, peanuts and dried cuttlefish.
Well, I think it's alright, but for some people I think they wouldn't like the smell of meatloaf.

Hawthorn Red Date Tea - RM 4.50

Ice Cube Thai Tea - RM 8.00
Well, you mix the warm milk into the cup filled with ice cubes.
I think its strawberry, can't really tell after they mix together.
But it does taste good.
Reminds me of the nutella coffee I had in KL.


Smoked Duck and Cranberry Toast - RM 16.00
It fills with smoked duck, cranberry sauce and slices of apples.
The cranberry sauce was so overpowering that I could not taste the smoked duck and apples.
But the toast was really crusty so it was nice.
Salad was good too.

Salted Gula + Pineapple Waffle - RM 14.50
Well, clearly I didn't read the menu and ordered based on their pictures shown.
I thought it was mango until I ate it, I was like why this mango taste so weird.
Their waffles was buttery yet crunchy and not too soft at the same time.
I personally did not like the pineapple mashup.
The ice cream however, was delicious!

An overview.


Overall, I love the ambiance inside, but the food has got to improve.
I don't know why many cafes I've been to in Ipoh, just doesn't taste good at all.
But their creativity in the cafe itself, by design, definitely wins over KL cafes.
I hope they do something about their food.

Visited on 14/10/2015
Total Spending of RM 55.50, no GST or service charge whatsoever. *WOOHOO*
Rating: 3.0/5.0

Address: No. 2, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1C,, Medan Ipoh Bistari, 31400 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
Telephone: 012 - 480 3591
Opening Hours:
Tuesday - Sunday
1.00pm - 11.00pm
Closed on Mondays

You Might Also Like

0 comments: